Friday, September 26, 2008

Welcome to Cagary...for the second last time.

Well, I have decided to come to Calgary the week before the big move to get help get some things in order and such and a such. Stacey, it just so turns out, has EVERYTHING well in hand.

So, every second Friday I have off so I thought it would be cool to leave for Calgary right after I finished work on Thursday. The drive was okay and I was quite nervous about hitting a deer. Working in insurance I have received NUMEROUS calls from people needing to file a claim because, "The dang deer jumped out and landed on my hood!!!" Thankfully I only saw one coyote and a cat (I think).

I made it to Calgary and rounded the last corner before my cul-de-sac when what should great me? The Police. A car was parked near the entrance to the cul-de-sac and as I was pulling in a paddy wagon was pulling out with lights on and sped away down the street. There were two cops that had an obviously intoxicated man pushed over onto a garbage bin. They stood him up and walked him to their car. I had to chuckle and exclaim, "I haven't even pulled into my driveway and the cops are in my cul-de-sac taking a drunk out of here." It was this poignant reminder of one of the many reason why I want out of this area we live in and out of Calgary as a whole. You just gotta laugh and shake yer head.

No comments: