Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The weekend called "long".

Well, Stacey and the little ladies (Mackenzie and Alaina) came to Swift Current and surprised me a day early - It was a great surprise! We stayed out at the farm because that is where the new kitties, the dog, the horse and, oh yeah, grandma and grandpa "on the farm" are. It was a very relaxing time with all the rain and wetness and mud and........I drank lots of coffee and read.

I went outside and the girls showed me where another cat had just had babies - out in the field between a whole bunch of round bales. Now, in order to get there we had to cross a barbed wire fence. The girls managed it not too bad, but me??? Well, I want you to picture a deer crossing such a fence. Have you ever seen one do it? Very graceful as it daintily leeps over the top wire and lands with almost no sound on the other side. Okay, now that you have that picture I am going to paint what really happened to me. For starters, FORGET going over the top wire gracefully. I went through the middle and bottom wires. Unfortunately (I guess fortunately depending on how one views it) part of my inner thigh got snagged on a barb and I narrowly avoided being turned into a eunuch - which was good. However, my pants got a nice rip in them - which is bad. But weighing the good and the bad together I think the scales tip in the good direction slightly more. Did I land with almost no sounds on the other side? DIDN'T I JUST SAY THAT I WAS ALMOST MADE A EUNUCH??? Sheesh! Of course there was sound. LOTS of it. The cat looked cute between the bales.

The girls both got their long hair cut to shoulder length. They were pretty excited because now they wouldn't have to spend so much time combing out the knots. I wish I could upload the pictures we took during the cutting - they look cute.

It was great having them here and I can hardly wait until we're all here together, no back and forth from Calgary. Ah, Lord Jesus, let it happen soon.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Yikes! Close shave!