Thursday, July 17, 2008

What a weekend!

It was a pretty good weekend, this last. We, that is, the whole family and I, went to Swift Current as I had a job interview on Monday. I had been preparing for a little while but was incredibly nervous about the whole thing. I really want this job and I think that want really added to the anxiety. I finally got to the point where I just said, "Screw it!", and stopped the mental stomping of myself.

I went in and wrote some tests which were not bad. The math section really messed with my mind. You see, I am NOT a math kinda guy. Never was. To this day I still suffer from childhood trauma due to my lack of math skill. Needless to say I was not too confident in this section.

The interview was pretty good. Along the same lines as the interview for the Calgary Police Service. I received a call later that day with them giving me a conditional offer of employment. We ended up staying in Swift another day so I could go to the RCMP detachment to get a criminal record check done.

As of right now I am waiting to get the official offer letter. Once I get it and sign it I am an employee. The Manager said he wanted me to start this Monday. So, I packed up my things and have been making ready to go.

Stacey and the girls will have to remain here while we are selling the house and I will be working and looking for places in Swift.

It's gonna be quite a time the next few weeks. Now, if they would just send me that offer letter.

No comments: