Thursday, July 17, 2008

What a weekend (part deux)

With our wild weekend in Swift came the opportunity to view two acreages. The Realtor we contacted did call us back thereby ruining the perfect no-contact theory I had about Swift Current Realtors. Hey, whadaya gonna do!?

The first place we saw wasn't too bad. However the price was pretty high and there is some work, necessary work in my opinion, that needs to be done. For one, the furnace is an oil burning furnace that is bigger than the fridge in my home. Calling it low-efficiency would be an insult to all low-efficiencies everywhere. The second is the wiring. I counted three different kinds, colors and ages of wire going into the panel in the basement. Up to code? Do they have "code" out in the stix? You see, I picture old furnace and lots of oil mixed with various age groups of wire altogether in the same tight quarters. I'm not liking that marriage too much however the hotdogs would cook nicely over that fire. GREAT yard though, with a double detached garage with a pit for oil change, a large quonset to store my lawn mower, and many other barns and buildings of various sizes and many odors.

The second place we looked at could best be complimented by the large fire I just talked about. I remember commenting to Stacey, "You know, when we have a showing we make sure our place is clean and organized when we leave it." Too many things to mention however I will describe one area. The first property we checked out we looked in the barn. It had large cobwebs full of dirt dangling from the ceiling. It's a barn so what does one expect? The second house's basement ceiling was an exact mirror image of the first house's barn. Needless to say we left shortly thereafter but not before petting the very cute puppy in a cage outside.


The next few weeks are going to be interesting.

No comments: