Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hapkido and my little ones.

Since I began taking Hapkido my little girls have been seeing me do the things that Hapkido practitioners do - kicks, punches, joint locks, throws, etc. Stacey has even volunteered to be the one I get to practice the locks on - she's a trooper! An aside here - I NEVER lock her hard!

Now my girls ask lots of questions about it and I have even shown them some stuff. I let them practice on me and they're not bad. It's exciting for me to see them do this. The other day I was loaned some videos pertaining to the style of Hapkido I take, Jin Jung Kwan, and we all watched them. One of the videos shows a big tournament that took place in Korea in 2003 that had adults as well as little people participating. The girls thought this was wonderful. After watching a little of this Mackenzie decided to draw a picture that had little kids doing Hapkido. Not only that she has drawn in the belt progression - white belt all the way to 10th Dan (10th degree black belt). I thought it was so cool that I asked her if I could add it here and she said I could. This makes me smile every time I look at it.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Seriously? Wow. She's great! I'm impressed over here. Each picture is a particular move. She was really watching. I also love the fact that she charged you $12.90 for her work. Smart girl.

Curt said...

LOL! She has her own store filled with everything she's designed. She even has her own money "printed". You should see the 90 dollar bill or the 12 cent bill - they're amazing!