Saturday, March 22, 2008

Great day at Bowness Park

Stacey had the great idea of all of us going to Bowness Park to enjoy this beautiful day. It was sunny and warm with very few people there - I love very few people!!!

We had a picnic lunch by the river then went for a short walk in the "bush". While we were standing around on the trail we noticed some avian wildlife fluttering closer to us than one might at first, be comfortable with. There were some short-lived, muffled squeals of alarm as these creatures moved in on some members of the Urquhart family but, as I said, these were short lived. For those of you wondering I did not squeal but there was a "Holy Cow!!!"or two uttered by yours truly when I nearly got bopped in the head. Hey, I was surprised!

Here's some live-action, on the move photos from our little adventure. We were lucky to have escaped with all our digits intact.

They actually landed on, and fed, from our hands.

No comments: