Sunday, May 25, 2008

What a week!

It's been a pretty crazy two weeks here in Curtville. Last Thursday I quit my job for reasons that I will not go into here. Suffice it to say the last two weeks I have been walking closer to Christ than I have been for a long time and the book of 1 Peter has been like having Him sitting across from me encouraging and strengthening me. It is amazing how struggle and hardship drive one to Christ where there is a continual sense of His presence and strengthening. Contrast that with how I so often move away from Him when things are going good with no hardships to speak of. The Apostle Peter was so right when he talked about suffering bringing the blessing of Christ.

Stacey and I have been wanting to move back to Sask. for a few years now but the timing just never seemed right. However, what has just recently happened to me coupled with the girls homeschool year ending and Stacey's involvement in the Sunday school program at our Church has lead us to believe that maybe this is God's timing for us to move. We all WANT to move back and have for some time now.

Our rough plan is to sell our place here, move back to Swift Current area and rent a place for a few months. I will be sitting on my butt for a month or two (I may not be able to last that long though) just to recharge from the last 5 years of life here in Calgary working 3 jobs that went in the toilet due to......"employer issues". Then after a month or two I will try to land a job, maybe in the oil industry, and then we'll buy a place of our own - preferably a place out in the country with a few acres to play with. Like I said, that's the rough plan. We are remaining open to what Jesus Christ has for us and we are praying that He will strengthen us to remain open to Him. We really want to move back, and we're pretty certain we will, but...ya never know what may happen.

If we do move back I may bear a similar resemblance to this yahoo.

No comments: