Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's over! It's finally over.

I just completed working for 21 straight hours. The place where I work had to move out TONS of computers, monitors, IP phones, mice, and keyboards along with all the cord and cables associated with the lot. Due to the large volume of stuff my company hired a bunch of extra guys. We broke into teams and then went at it. Myself and another guy removed monitors for the ENTIRE time we were there. I have to say that I have never worked so hard in my entire life! Thankfully the monitors were only 17 inch and not the 19 or 21 inch mutants I'm used to hauling.

We had a great crew and there was lots of laughs, even in the intoxicating stupidity that comes after 15 hours of constant movement. One of the guys that came was Ben, a 2nd degree BB from my Hapkido class. This guy was moving, moving, moving all night long. No complaining just go go go. It was awesome to watch. My teacher/boss' dad was also there helping along with another guy from Regina. The dad, Bill, and the other guy, John, had left Riverhurst, SK at 6:00am the morning we were to start working. They got here after 6 hours on the road, chilled for a short while and then we worked. These guys kept going the whole time - amazing!

The place we were moving all this stuff had crews of their own moving in new equipment as we took the old stuff out. The head people from this company we were in contact with were awesome and they took care of all the workers there. I have never seen so much good food at so many times per night for everyone. No set break times just help yourself whenever. Our crew would go hard for a long time and then someone would do something that made us all realize that we should have a break and then we would all descend on the food room. Man, coffee at 3:00am never tasted to so good.

I finally got home and slept for probably the longest I ever have. It was beautiful. I hope this doesn't happen again for a long time :)

No comments: