Friday, May 22, 2020

My Longing for True Government Officials

It's been a long time since my last post, and the world has turned even more insane than I could have possibly imagined.  I have read the Bible and the descriptions of the end times and thought, "I'll not live to see this madness happen.  It's a long time away from now."

We're now seeing madness taking place in my country I never thought I would ever witness.

From my Bible reading a few days ago, I thought I would share a brief ditty that has been in my thoughts since then.  From Daniel 6:1-5.......

"It pleased Darius to appoint 120 satraps to rule throughout the kingdom, with three administrators over them, one of whom was Daniel. The satraps were made accountable to them so that the king might not suffer loss. Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. At this, the administrators and the satraps tried to find grounds for charges against Daniel in his conduct of government affairs, but they were unable to do so. They could find no corruption in him, because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent. Finally these men said, “We will never find any basis for charges against this man Daniel unless it has something to do with the law of his God.”

Because Daniel was an exceptional government official and was going to be set to rule over the whole kingdom, this raised the ire and jealousy of the other government officials.  These officials, living in a world of corruption and intrigue, were not able to find anything wrong with Daniel because he was neither corrupt nor negligent.  The only thing they could get on him had to do with his religion, so they hatched a plan to be rid of him through his religion.

This makes me think of our government and the many officials that rule our land.  Imagine if we had leaders like Daniel, who were trustworthy, and neighter corrupt nor negligent.  This sparked in me the realization that I want leaders who are this way, and I know there are none (that I know of) who are.  I have no trust in any government official to act rightly.  This makes me long for the millenial reign of Christ, where He will rule justly and in righteousness.  He will be the fulfillment of the many longings I have.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

No comments: