Friday, May 29, 2009

Life.

I was out working in the yard today. Plating flowers, digging some flower beds, pruning some trees...all that cool stuff I LOVE to do. I love doing things like this. Planting stuff and shaping things, moving stuff around and seeing how they will turn out. We purchased a couple of flowering crab apple trees and they have begun to do what they do - flower. It looks so cool and the smell is amazing. Seeing life beginning again, new growth spurting, birds chirping everywhere - it just made me stop and thank God for this beauty around me. I heard a science teacher say one time that the bugs and the birds don't see in color but some other kind of spectrum, kinda like black and white. The question was then posed - Why all the color? Amongst the flowers, the birds, the butterflies, the bees, etc? Why all the color if they don't see it? Creation is for OUR enjoyment. This just hit me as I was soaking in the sights and sounds of my yard. The only thing I could say was, "Thank you."

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Amen to all of it, Curt! :)